I couldn't find anything for this Bible lesson online, and it has been one that I have taught for years. There are teacher's visuals for you to print and a student workbook to match the visuals. I had the students fill in the blanks as I taught the lesson. There is also a bee door hanger craft.Bible Verse: If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18 (NKJV)
Bible Scripture: Romans 1:28-32
Printables for most of the bulletin board at the end of lesson.
(1. Bee Obedient) Paul writes about different sins several different times in his letters. Today we are going to learn about one of those lists that he wrote. Paul was in Corinth when he wrote this letter to Rome. He says in Romans 1:16 that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth… He wants them to know that God expects us to live and act a certain way and these things that he writes are what God wants. He expects us to obey Him.
Paul also tells us is this chapter that we are to obey our parents. Sometimes that is hard, but it is what God wants. Answers for student books: 1. God 2. Parents
(2. Bee Respectful) Paul also talks about being respectful. He said not to be a backbiter. God doesn't want you to talk about your friends. And, if you are with your friends and they start talking about someone, you should ask them to stop. Paul said God doesn't like it. Discuss how it can hurt people's feelings and upset them.
(Backbiters: The dictionary says that a backbiter is someone that says mean or slanderous things about another person when they are not around. )
(3. Bee Content) God wants Christians to be happy with what we have. He doesn't want us to look for more, or better THINGS. Be satisfied with what you have.
(4. Bee Truthful) We all know what telling the truth means. It means don't tell a lie or be honest. It means don't do something if you know you are not allowed to.
(5. Bee Courteous) Paul tells us not to be violent. This means being cruel. So the opposite is courteous. If you are courteous, you are polite and show good manners. You are friendly and not mean.
(6. Bee Kind) God wants His people to be generous with what He has blessed us with. This can mean several things. We can share our toys. We can also help people when you see something that you can do. Be nice to your pets. Etc.
(7. Bee Forgiving) Even when someone does something to upset you, or says something to hurt your feelings. Forgiving is also forgetting!
(8. Bee Happy) We should be happy! We don't always get what we want. Or, what we think we need. But God will take care of us. Again, this means being satisfied with what we have and not always wanting the newest thing.
(9. Bee Loving) This should be so easy! Love God first! Love our family, our church family, friends, neighbors, etc. God made us all.
(10. Bee Considerate) Paul tells us to be kind and loving and forgiving like Jesus. Considerate means being understanding and thoughtful. Kind. Just be good to other people, like you want to be treated by them.
You think about other people’s needs before your own. You think about their feelings before you say something that might hurt their feelings.
Cover/back - 1/10
9/2 - 3/8
7/4 - 5/6
You can print it here.
For today's project/take home, I made these door hangers as a reminder of how God wants us to be. The kids will cut out the door hanger (unless you cut them out before class) and the bee in circles are on the side for them to cut and glue however they want to. You can print it here.
Bees and bee alphabet are available @
Graphics/fonts copyright DJ Inkers.
Graphics/fonts copyright DJ Inkers.
This is the bulletin board I used with this lesson. The letters were cut with my Cricut machine with the Learning Curve Cartridge at 3 1/2". You can print the bees with the "Bee..." here.
You can print the student bees here.
The hive is from Trend (T-8077). You can find it here.
And, the border is Bees & Honeycomb (CD-4001), and you can see that here.